This Lynda Meyer Library Scholarship has been established through the generosity of the Meyer family and friends in memory of library faculty member, Lynda Meyer. Lynda Meyer served at the college library as a part-time library staff member from 1997 – 2004 and as a library faculty member from 2005 – 2007. The purpose of the scholarship is to encourage and actively support the next generation of San Diego Christian College (SDCC) graduates in fields related to librarianship. The cash award will be made directly to the institution for educational and/or tuition expenses in which the recipient is enrolled as a graduate student in Library and Information Science. The SDCC recipient shall be selected by library faculty in consultation with the AVP and SDCC faculty.
- The award recipient shall be a SDCC student or recent SDCC graduate who has been accepted for enrollment in an ALA approved Library and Information Studies program. The award recipient must be enrolled full-time in a qualifying program within three years of graduation from SDCC.
- The award recipient may be pursuing or have graduated from any undergraduate academic major while attending SDCC.
- The award recipient must have and must maintain a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or above.
- For continuation of the award, the award recipient must provide ongoing proof of eligibility as requested by SDCC’s Director of Library Services.
Application and Award Procedures
- The applicant must complete and submit the Lynda Meyer Library Scholarship Application form to the Director of Library Services no later than March 1.
- Applicants will be contacted to arrange for an interview with the Director of Library Services.
- The final notification of the selection of the award recipient will be made in early April.
- The award will be presented at the Academic Awards Chapel during late April.
- The scholarship fund shall exist for 10 years with the first award to be made in April, 2009 and the final award to be made in April, 2018.
- The annual scholarship award amount will be $1,000.
- Any interest earned on the endowment fund during the course of any year shall first be used to pay any administrative fees associated with the fund. The balance of interest earned each year shall be used for library needs in a manner determined by the Director of Library Services in consultation with library staff and the Academic Vice President.
- Any year that the scholarship is not awarded, funds available for award plus any interest earned may be used for library
needs at the discretion of the Library Director in consultation with library staff and the Academic Vice President.